Key sites to visit:
CDC Website: www.cdc.gov – Direct link to helpful resources for health care facilities and providers.
KY Website: kycovid19.ky.gov – Comprehensive site for all action taken and resources available.
Governor Beshear’s Orders: governor.ky.gov – Go to this link for a comprehensive list and summary of all Orders issued by Governor Beshear. These orders will summarize efforts that have been made to protect Kentucky citizens – as well as compliance directives.
All health care providers have been encouraged to utilize telemedicine when appropriate. Please make sure you review the information below, which provides valuable information to you on ways to serve your patients:
Medicare Telemedicine Webinar: Webinar
- This link takes you to the Medicare telemedicine webinar conducted last night by the AOA. The codes to apply in different circumstances are carefully outlined.
As a reminder, Medicare has reduced some of the requirements for telemedicine, making it easier for health care providers to provide essential care remotely.
Kentucky Medicaid Telemedicine: chfs.ky.gov
- This document outlines the codes to utilize and the relevant telehealth regulation that applies in Kentucky for purposes of reimbursement.
- Kentucky optometrists are expressly included within these regulations and can appropriately use codes G2012 and G2010 when medically appropriate. Please follow all information within the memo and contact CHFS with questions.
CDC Guidelines for Office: www.cdc.gov
- Includes materials to print for your office and other links on ways to make sure your office is prepared.
OSHA Guidelines for Office: www.osha.gov
- This resource sets out the compliance regulations, as well as steps to take to educate your employees on expected behavior.
Guidance if at Home: chfs.ky.gov
- Good information for everyone to review, especially as many in-office services will be reduced and everyone will be spending more time at home.
Unemployment Benefits: www.kewes.ky.gov
- If you have employees with unemployment questions, please refer to the link above.
- Claimants can go online to review eligibility and submit claims. There are also phone numbers to call and speak with someone directly.
- KY has waived certain requirements in light of COVID-19 – individuals who have lost their employment no longer have to search for other employment or wait a set amount of time before filing for benefits. Please note, KY has reported an increase in the number of claims which may impact ability to quickly process an application.
Small business loans: www.sba.gov
- Go to this link to see whether your small business may qualify for a loan during this time.